One of my new resolution for 2014 was – show people my work and clarify info and website, personalize all details for each group. After years of working in this industry….I noticed that probably my classic, bridal and party make-up and hairstyles aren’t visible that much as should be…all getting lost within my creative, avant-garde make-up’s and styling. I really wanted to provide proper info for clients and get easier to go trough all my work! That why last week was launched my new website and facebook page!
All about my service – Whether it’s your wedding, prom ball, event, party or even personal photoshoots e.g. family, boudoir, pregnancy – every one of us wants to look gorgeous, flawless, feel beautiful and confident. Sometimes it is one of the biggest and most important days of our live…so we all want to be photo-ready for every picture in their Big Day. I offer service for Wedding and Party Make-up & Hair styling across West Yorkshire. ‘Beauty and Bridal’ offers service within fallowing areas: Bradford – Leeds – Morley – Batley – Dewsbury – Wakefield – Heckmodwike – Huddersfield – Halifax – Brighouse – Pontefract – Castelford. Service for other areas is also possible, prices may be updated about travel costs (petrol/train/bus). Full price list can be found here http://www.beautyandbride.co.uk/price-list/ . For Quotes and bookings – fell free to get in touch with me via email, contact form on website, or my any other social page.
Also my page www.dorotamua.com would receive proper ‘lifting’, alternation and clear info about my professional service for photographers, models etc. – this should be done within next month….
And regarding professional service for my clients – there is one regular topic that get back over and over again – so I decided to write more about it too…
Many of you keep asking : Why make-up cost that much?? Is the make-up artist for my wedding ripping me off?
WHY that much ?! It’s only make-up!”
If you’ve never had to inquire about having your make-up professionally done, you may find these make-up prices to be somewhat steep. And you are probably thinking this make-up artist has got to be trying to rip you off, and you are determined to find someone with lower pricing.
And you begin to wonder why vendors charge so much as soon as you mention the word “wedding”. Well, the fact of the matter is, it is NOT just any other day. You’re planning your wedding not birthday! This, to most people, is a bigger deal than just any other day… And I can only imagine that you would expect a far better and more personalized service on your wedding day than if it was just any other event e.g party…
When considering the rates of the services, you must know that these factors contribute to the cost of beauty services, including but not limited to the following:
- Luxury: On location beauty services are considered a luxury service. I will be packing up and transporting bags of equipment and supplies directly to you in the comfort of your home, bridal suite or hotel, on demand at the hour you specify – Yes, I bring my service to you!
(Yes, beauticians, spa salons may offer their service cheaper – but remember: then You need to visit their salon!)
- Experience & Professionalism: What made you want to contact me for services? Maybe the look of my website or perhaps the quality of my images brought you here? Beauty is my full time job even if we state that we work officially part time – Researches for current trends, best products, knowledge, searching for best applying techniques takes lot’s of time! As a professional, my expertise is broad and extensive, and I bring this knowledge to each consultation. The training I have received and put myself through, as well as experience makes my time as a professional valuable. Most Make-up Artists and Hairstylists want to improve own skills and service and get offer better standards for own clients – probably you don’t know but PRO courses that would give us advance knowledge and skills cost from £500 up to even £5000!!! (Normally the cheapest courses are very basic – to get really advanced techniques, knowledge then we really need to spend over £1000!)
- Products & Tools: All of my products and tools are professional grade and kept in sanitary conditions. This means not only a constant need to buy new products, testing many different cosmetics just to select only one-two the best. Also maintaining stock (e.g. mascaras must be usually replaced within 4 month) of products and all the sanitation materials and disposables e.g. tissues, Q tips, make-up sponges and puffs, disposable mascara wands, false lashes, as well as hair pins. Every make-up also required to have make-up for every skin type, universal skincare, primers, skin fillers, cancellers in all shades, huge palettes of eyeshadows, blushes and any lipsticks or lip glosses that you could dream of; if airbrush make-up is offered then another much bigger cost are up on our bill… in addition if any MUA do hairstyling – to have different hair styling products,hair accessories and thermal tools appropriate for every hair type & texture, style…
- Make-up Artists are carrying extra items such a safety pins, pain killers, plasters, hairspray, nail polish, even nail glue and antiperspirant – so we become invaluable help in emergency situation for You, bridesmaids or your guests!
- Other cost:
A) Travel – Travelling to and from location requires time and money. As much as I wish to have the superpower to teleport myself and my almost 20kg make-up and hair set bags to get to you, it is not possible. Whether I reach you by car or commute by public transport, the cost of transportation must be calculated and incl. parking, hotel costs if necessary
B) The costs of insurance, advertising, website costs – although as far as I know – that not every MUA is insured! Make-up Artist that provides good/high quality service should be insured!
- Time: Aside from providing services on the day of, I will try skincare/make-up advice, taking your emails, sms/calls to answer any questions. Your schedule becomes mine; if you have an early start in the morning, I have an even earlier start! Wake-up, shower, breakfast (it’s human thing, right?!), most important double checking entire kit and all items. Getting out far earlier to avoid the biggest traffic jams… All of the time until your B’Day is spent reviewing your Idea boards, discussing styling options, providing skin care suggestions, going over scheduling, coordinating, is time “on the clock” where I am devoting my attention to you. All that means – You are receiving a customized service.
- Believe me, it is all TIME, and not just the time that you’re sitting in the chair having your make-up and hair done. Ultimately, it is my job.
Try to look at our work from other point of view – Do you ask your electrical or plumber to make service for free or £5??? I doubt…Everyone deserves to get paid for their job, right? Make-up artists have bills and living expenses, the same as anyone else.
I do understand that not everyone can see the ART in Make-up Artistry, but trust me: the quality of work varies significantly! The quality of make-up artists will be reflected in their pricing. You have people who are just beginning, more experienced artists, and the people who are the very best in the industry, who will obviously charge at a higher rate. Basically, you get what you pay for….in that point prices are very, and depend also from local area, years of experience, products used etc…
Graduate artists can charge roughly: £20 – £40 /pp
Experienced can charge roughly £50 – £100 /pp
Well sought after industry professionals: £100-£300+ /pp – and in some cases upward of £500 for some celebrity artists.
Well, if the make-up side of your wedding (or any other event) really is not important to you, and you really cannot determine the difference between a regular make-up artist and an AWESOME make-up artist, or the quality of make-up, then yes, definitely go for your budget end make-up artists!
It gets to me when I get someone respond with “But ‘x person’ is so much cheaper”. If that is the case, and that fits a bit better within your budget, then definitely go with ‘x person’…
Definitely, most brides will want to look the absolute best on their wedding day! Just remember the Make-up Artist plays an important role in how you will look on your big day (and the years later as documented in ALL your photographs!). If you are very particular, and only want to look the very best for your event AND in your photos, then please do remember that good quality Make-up Artists, come at a price – they’re not just “trying to rip you off”, but see it as getting yourself a high end service (and a peace of mind).
We stay up at night worrying about your wedding, too.
We may participate in dozens or even hundreds of weddings per year, but yours really IS IMPORTANT to us.
Each and every wedding can make or break our reputation. We worry about what can go wrong and we sweat the details because it’s our responsibility. If we mess something up, we know that in the age of viral sharing on the internet, it may very well destroy our business. If something go wrong e.g. we stuck in traffic jam – it’s extremely stressful, as we don’t want disappoint any of you!
I know everyone has a completely different budget when it comes to their wedding, so remember to consider this when planning your day, and make sure to spend the money in the areas that matters to you.
“If you only have $10,000 to spend on your wedding, we can’t make it look like you spent $100,000 no matter what we do”
Once you are set on whom to engage for your wedding, contact Make-up Artists at the initial stages of planning, and get them to do a personalized quote for you, so you are aware of the costs you need to incorporate into your budget. After you’ve blown your entire budget on a Paris Pre Wedding Photo shoot, a fancy £8000 ‘MTM’ wedding gown and luxurious banquet at ‘W’ Hotel and posh cars – don’t expect Make-up will cater to you at the cheapest amount possible…. and it’s no point to pay your friend of friend sum £10 instead £40-£60 for making your make-up! That’s usually ends with disaster, big disappointment after receiving pictures from photographer, and the worst…– bar allergy reaction that you may get after that cheap experience…
Please do not expect your Make-up Artist (photographer, videographer, wedding coordinator or anyone for that matter) to cost match or greatly reduce their service price because you don’t want to spend the extra money… To put it simply, you can’t expect a service, if you aren’t willing to pay for it! If you see extremely chap/low offer… It does not mean you get a better treatment ar the same service as normally offered in regular price! Its cheaper for a reason….
Planning a wedding is never an inexpensive venture! Sure, you can cut corners and do without, but when you are looking to hire a professionals, keep in mind you must pay appropriately for these services.
And please don’t ask any Make-up artist to lower all costs for receiving pictures of you after creating make-up and from your wedding – this can be taken very offensive – its not much beneficial for our portfolio…and even more > Make-up artist have to respect your privacy, so to us – in some cases… it’s absolutely wrong even ask our Bride about any pictures! – Even if we create best look in our carrier!
I hope I made some sense and provided more highlights on the charges behind beauty-make-up services…
Make-up artistry is my business. And I set a fair pricing for my expertise and prefer not to waiver from these amounts. It’s difficult to drop the rate for one client and have it get around, and I may end up having to offer lower rates for everyone. Charging below the standard also kills the industry. If I would charge too low for a long time – It may cost me to loose my work as Make-up Artist – simply because I would not be able to afford and stock my kit in best products and tools any more!
my personal bottom line –
I do not go for quantity, I am interested in quality!
Therefore, my rates are set at a reasonable price that is impartial and honest for every client.
(note: All prices are subject to change)