Hello girls! Just want to share with you my new toy! I received fantastic birthday gift from my family – I got my new portable light!
Live in UK isn’t easy for Make-up Artists – we often work in dark studios, rooms, lack of proper light – in worst situation bad light may result matching a wrong colours for our clients e.g. foundations, bronzer, blushes…
Buying and carrying some professional studio lights it’s silly as some kits are heavy and bulky, but some small portable kits available on the market makes our work easier and better. Most popular in UK are Glamcor lights. Disadvantage – PRICE! I could say that weight is also disadvantage, as weight of entire kit is approx. 2kg! in UK this kit cost approx £180-£200 – UK Seller: www.love-makeup.co.uk / www.preciousaboutmakeup.com
From a long time I noticed growing popularity of Portable Ring Light (aka Macro ring light) within all MUAs in Poland! Many top Make-up Blogers and Vlogers are using it! And finally I have this babe!
I have the basic model that have low power, small portable size and no dimmer (60W/75W/80W models have dimmer but are also about twice bigger).
So here are parameters of my model:
Power? – Energy save tube 28w=~140w.
model includes: light, flexible arm , spare fuses. tripod not included
Size? – Lamp+flexible arm fits in laptop bag! length of lamp 31cm, bendable arm – 16cm…. I fit it diagonally in my Belkin laptop bag! my laptop bag external dimensions approx: 45cm x 30cm x 5cm!
Diameter? – inner of ring : 19cm/outer of ring: 26,6cm – with power panel its approx 31cm, approx 5-6cm wide
Weight? – just lamp weights approx 750g! Total with arm about 1kg. (Important is how big and heavy is your stand)
Power cord? – 2,8 meter (European plug but it’s easy to get fit permanent adapter to UK plug)
Colour Temperature – 5400 K
Low warming– after few hours of using – it’s enough cold, so you can put it back to carry back straight-away!
Bracket for light I ordered separately. Tripod also normally must be ordered separately – I haven’t bought any tripods as I already have few studio tripods. But if you have classic camera tripod then you can order ‘ 1/4” to 3/8” Cylinder Threaded Adapter ‘
I took quick test photos – only my mobile! Galaxy s4 Active + my new ring light! ♥ ♥ ♥
I placed tissue packet so you could compare real size:
So far I tested my light only with my mobile due to lack of time…but soon I will upload more photos.
Product close up test – mobile+my ring light:
Face close-ups – mobile+ring light.
And another photos taken with room light+ring light and my DSLr Canon 70D+Lens 40mm stm f/2.8
If we compare price of ring light + delivery – to the quality and practical benefits of lights
IT’S ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
Even the lowest power light – 28W – gives smashing results when used just with mobile – and I haven’t used any editing software photos taken by mobile! Result – gives great photos at first time! Lightweight, and very portable size that fits in laptop bag! Can be used as backstage light for your photos, make-up, eyes, detail or product review photos! Great as extra light when you work in room/studio that have no proper light. In my opinion it’s must have for bridal.
Where can you buy it??
NOTE: there is available on market few types of ring light – that may have different power (28w, 40w, 60w, 70w, 75w, 80W) and different size (60W and over have twice bigger size) extra option for more powerful models is dimming switch, bracket it’s not always included.
- United Kingdom Sellers:
WALIMEX but I found it also few times at ebay and amazon. http://www.walimex-webshop.co.uk/flash_type… / note: model 75W is dimmable and is wider then my one / this model also do not require bracket but you would need to order ball head that have flash hot shoe mounting e.g. www.walimex-webshop.co.uk/balkop_type/18229–walimex-ball-head-mini—receiver-flash-shoe.html but you can also search for this one trough ebay sellers.sorry walimex don’t sell it anymore
- Unfortunately there is no other seller…:( and Prices trough Walimex may become also very high. But search for ‘studio ring light/continuous ring light’ this models showing up more often on ebay all above models available from £55 (custom charges may apply if ordered from china store)
- Ebay Sellers including EU and china suppliers sells it now too.
- Poland orders to UK and entire EU.
- FRIPERS http://en.fripers.pl/ind…/cat/c17_Continuous-Lighting.html 31€ – 59.50 € but some more powerful models are often out of stock (so you need luck to get it with this seller. My model is this http://en.fripers.pl/…/p328_Ring-light-28W-professional… 39.75 € including 23 % VAT /camera bracket not included – just click on related products 7,29€ excluding delivery
- E-TRADE http://e-trade.com.pl/88-swiatlo-stale (click google translator on top page to select language, and make sure currency is set to euro) my lamp is for €
28.1938.07 on their page. delivery is possibly about : 0.5-30kg sending via DPD courier cost – 28EUR but you need to register and put your details to double-check it.
- You can order it directly from china sellers eg. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ng-28c-ring-light-shooting-station-set-small-accessories-small-objects-shooting-station-filming-plate/1173871157.html
- you need to put your details/payment method and location to check your delivery costs for your place.
- If you have Polish speaking friends – it could be beneficial for you to ask for help and place order trough Polish Selling page WWW.ALLEGRO.PL (its like Polish Ebay hehe :P) – Search link – http://allegro.pl/listing/listing.php?string=lampa+pier%C5%9Bcieniowa&search_scope= Many sellers deliver abroad – you your may need to request for costs – but for your information current currency converter is £1 = 5 zł so ring light cost is 160zł =£32!! Plus delivery – that I believe it shouldn’t be more than £30 may give you total cost max £60!!! Sometimes you may grab even bigger bargain e.g. ring light price for 120 zł!
Hope that would help to some of you – feel free to ask if you have more questions.
Few of you asked me: is this light ìs enough for videos?? I changed recently my compact camera to new DSLr. My compact camera wasn’t always working well with this light – mainly due to auto correction of photos and videos.
I am happy to confirm that this light works fantastic with DSLr for both photos and videos! I SEE MASSIVE IMPROVMENT! SET: any room light + above ring light + DSLr. So no anymore ugly black backdrop as on my pictures above 😉 This is good news for every one of you that looking for cheap light for vlogging.