I am looking often for correct pure colours, no undertone, no hint of other shades (e.g. red must be in pure red shade – not like red with pink undertone).
Unfortunately it’s pretty hard… many brands cant cope with it, or just have different version of the colours, different vision of colours. and understanding colours when creating some shades – whether is face paint or eyeshadow often have odd shades… so finding the best one takes time, flowing checking multiple number of reviews, testers, brands and their products.
Kryolan is one of my favourite brand and probably one of best on the market. Within their face paint range I found my favourites.
Kryolan have two types of face paints:
The first one is water based, second one its a grease-paint. Supracolors are more often used and recommended for applying over prosthetics. Kryolan recommends to powder supra-paints for setting it, however if used on parts of body or face that are not tend to wrinkle, creasing – it’s still long lasting and stays on place.
Kryolan have a wide range of iridescent products. Supracolor Interferenz is an iridescent cream make-up, containing metallic pigments, with pearlescent effects for creation of captivating make-up impressions. In addition to the classical color nuances of gold, silver, copper and bronze. Kryolan offers a large assortment of vivid, iridescent colours. All colours are available in different size pots or mixed ‘wheels’ of 3 or 6 colours. My supracolor silver and gold are 7g pots.
Their aquacolors are absolutely phenomenal and probably one of the best on the market. I have a small set of aqua- and supra-colors in my kit.
I bought my iridescent supracolors in London at Imats 2013 – after having multiple tests of few brands and their silver and gold products – and I am absolutely in love in it! Another product (and so long lasting quality) in silver, gold, cooper have probably only Mehron. Highly possible that brand Cameleon have decent quality metalic paints but I had no access to testers…(reviews looks promising)
The reason why I like it:
- the sparkle and shine matched to real, proper gold and silver. It’s how it supposed be! I wanted to give a try to this product because to me their aqua-paints aren’t that sparkle as supra, its looks bit dull if compared to supra. And I am just in love!
- And most important for my kit – small container!
- Perfect if you want just add small touch, detail in your make-up.
- The product has incredible pigmentation, one swipe gives full intensity of colour.
- The product blends into the skin, pores, texture effortlessly
- It leaves an excellent metallic glow to the skin
- Can be used as highlighter
- I read also works as eyeshadow base – however I haven’t got time to check this out.
- Kryolan does not test on animals
However this paints got little negatives:
- due to their texture of product – best to apply it with fingers, sponges or if you need details get the sponge tip smudger. But once you get used to with method of application – it’s really great stuff!
- supra is not easy to apply for details and fine lines. Then you can try gold or silver from Kryolan aquacolor – however despite it’s looks in pot similar as supra – but after applying it’s visible that paint is less sparkle and have lower metallic shine.
- often it’s said that it cannot be used without setting it…but yes, of course you can use it without powdering it. I did used both very often e.g. gold glow on lips, inner eye corners
- tip for MUAs: please remember it’s cream product, best scoop it to avoid double dip.