Together with fellow MUAs we had weekend trip to London to visit IMATS 2014. We had 2 day entry tickets and we booked apartment for 3 people next to IMATS. We enjoy it so much! – More about entire event, presentations, products will be in another post – for now I want to show you all what I bought for my kit!
I have already massive set of Inglot pigments and eyeshadows- so I didn’t buy a lot of it this year:
- AMC pigment – #70 turquise.
- waterproof gel liner #89,
- under eye primer #95
- duraline x2
- freedom system blush #46, #25
- freedom system HD sculpting powder #502
- freedom system trio eyeshadow pan#132R
- freedom system single eyeshadow #397
This year my most important item to buy was MAP – Make-up Atelier Paris eyeshadows! I bought last year just one single pan (purple matt) for testing – Pigmentation of this colours are amazing! Their matte eyeshadows are much better then INGLOT mattes. Pallets I bought have mixed colours – some are matte and some have satin shimmer. from top:
- on right – TE10*
*I just discovered that TE10 isn’t normal eyeshadows! TE10 – can be used dual – as eyeshadow or as cake eyeliner, eyebrow filer etc! can be activated by water, eye-liner sealer or duraline! 🙂
My one huge disappointment with MAP pallets:
In 2013 you could buy pan refills too, so you could mix end match it for own custom palette. This year there was only samll set of matte (big size) pans – single eyeshadows that are not matched to colours in palettes at all. Single pans are better for me as I use my own magnetic palettes. So this year I had to buy all in palette version. This sets/palettes comes out slightly cheaper per single pan if compared to refills from last year. So price wasn’t problem at all.
Original MAP boxes/combiners are the biggest problem if you want depot it. Firstly I believed this is magnetic fitted, so pans could be replaced with new colour….(as on-line you can order refills) – unfortunately pans are fitted permanently with glue! I had really big problems with removing all… …so huge minus to MAP for this!
- Dermacolor fixieng spray
- MUFE aquabrow #25 for waterproof and smudge proof eyebrows
- OCC lip tar – lip primer
- OCC lip tar – interlace
- OCC lip tar – marion
- Kryolan – eyeshadows primer
- Ben Nye luxury powder – Cameo
- Kryolan semi permanent slimliner pen #22 (I tested this on myself during Sunday – loved it so much just just after few hours so I bough another one for my personal kit! – and I am glad with this -> it last long over 24 hours without even small smudge,chip!) absolutely perfect all day long); It has double sided tip = if it’s wear off – take it out at put it back in upside down) and vuala – you have new tip again!
- Kryolan Kayal – brown – no numeration on it.
I was delighted finding Zoeva brushes at one of the stand! I read about it a lot – but I wanted to see it live before buying. I have to admit – this brushes are worth of the every penny! Royal and Langnickel and Crown Brush move over now! this brushes have phenomenal bristles – super soft, perfectly shaped and flexible! Correct size of handle for me (crown brush have often very short handle);
This brand have good choice of brushes for blending face and eyes. I loved very tiny eye-liner brushes. But to me there was small choice of lip, and flat brushes.
another two brushes by ZOEVA – for face:
I really like Karla’s Powell MUA precision in applying lips, I really wanted to do her lip workshops in Manchester but unfortunately – I can’t join it. So I enjoyed watching Karla’s Powell make-up demo, afterwards I decided to see close to her lip brushes – and I bought set to be used only for lips with Bedellium tools:
- eyes 762 small angle
- eyes 760 liner/brow
- eyes 711 pointed tip liner
- lips 540 precision liner
Something for eye-details and f/x or creative looks
- Royal and Langnickel “chopped” fan brush – for strokes, lines, smudges – bought it because it have acrylic hand, its important if I get use it more often with face-paints, so handle wouldn’t chip and crack after washing.
- Royal and Langnickel sponge tip tool x 2- for applying shimmer colours and eyeshadows in eye corner or under eye. this is good for precision details and its simulate touch of finger – boosting shimmer of eyeshadows.
- flat brush – Funkey Foxes (o5) small flat brush – I believe I got it from Kryolan stand
- Charles H Fox – stipple tip black (03)
- Charles H Fox – stipple tip orange (02)
and my last buy – bloods for Halloween, one runny one gloopy, thick.
I haven’t bought any eyelashes this year – as I still have huge draw of mix: paperself, eldora lashes eylure, and many more!
Hope you enjoy it, and stay tuned for another post about IMATS 🙂