Whether you are creative artist or hairstylist – Finger protectors – this is something you may want to try!
As a designer I use often hot glue gun and melt glue – in result my fingers gets burned very often… the same happens if by accident I will touch curling tong…
For Hairstyling hot tools I use sometimes fabric glove, although I hate how sleek it is, and after while hard to wash off traces of hairstyling products. Unfortunately for melt glue I was struggling to find solution….
I noticed recently that Hair Extensions Websites sells Silicone Protectors, recommended to protect your fingers from burns when rolling fusion bonds or shrinkies (Hair extension).
Here you can check this link . I recommend also to google it and check ebay…typical price range is £3-£4 for 10pcs
I bought my protectors from wholesalers and I have now pack of 50 pcs for £3.60 🙂
So here is my test and honest opinion:
First attempt – 1 protector for each finger. NO – this will not protect really well. perhaps its working for hair extension but only what this protects then is getting direct contact with hot surface/material…. so e.g melt glove won’t stick to your skin…but it’s not protecting well against heat. |Well this may really work for hair extension but for not for other heat tools…
Second attempt – 2 layers / 2 protectors for each finger -WOW! AMAZING! I could hold for few seconds longer my curling wand! I could wipe melt glue with my fingers and I wasn’t feeling much heat on it! (see photos). Silicone is really heat resist and not melting at all. Fantastic product – for every hairstylist! – weather you working with hot tools, heat rollers or straighter.
- easy to clean silicon material
- Slim and tight fit to fingers – good it you still want to have precision in your touch!
- dotted thicker tip
- easy to wash & clean
- melt glue can be simply rub off
- simple to put on – take off – just roll it!
- colour – easy to find!
- flexible and perfect fitting
- unfortunately product is suitable only for small and normal hands – if your fingers are big, this size can be too tight. (I have no idea is other sizes are available)
- Some protectors are thinner, so still it can be easily snapped
- melt glue can get stick on it – so rub tip carefully to avoid damage.
- must by used as double for maximum protection
Hope you will find it useful in your work… XXX